Our Pledge –
We pledge to make this server a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, criminal record, gender identity, and expression, level or type of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexuality.
Please read these carefully.
This behavior will let you rise in the crew
- Be kind and courteous to others
- Use welcoming and inclusive language
- Be respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Collaborate with and/or help other community members
- Gracefully accept constructive criticism
- Focus on what is best for the community
- Show empathy towards other community members
- Respect the topic of each channel and keep conversation related
- Post only questions in question channels
This behavior will kick you back on the streets – alone
- Use of sexualized language or imagery and sexual attention or advances
- Use of inappropriate images, including in a community member’s avatar, nudity, or pornography
- Use of inappropriate language, including in a community member’s nickname, excessive profanity, or violent threats or language directed against another person
- Discriminatory jokes, language, and personal insults, especially those using racist or sexist terms
- Spamming, flaming, baiting or other attention-stealing behavior
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Promoting or spreading disinformation, lies, or conspiracy theories against a person, group, organization, project, or community
- Sharing text screenshots and voice or video recordings from the site or off-site venues
- Public or private harassment
- Do not circumvent punishments including the use of alt accounts
- Any kind of unexpected or loud noise in voice channels, including voice changers, soundboards, etc.
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address or personal photographs, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate
- Don’t request inappropriate or long ( 10+ minute) songs from the Rhythm bot.
This isn’t an exhaustive list of
things you can and can’t do. Rather, take this document in the spirit in which
it is intended and try to be your best self.
Larry Lawton Tech Crew, Moderators, and Stewards are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
They have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject messages, comments, commits, code, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to Crew Rules, or to ban temporarily or permanently any community member for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
If a moderator bans someone and you think it was unjustified, please take it up with that moderator, or with a different moderator, in private. Complaints about bans in-channel are not allowed.
Moderators are held to a higher standard than other community members. If a moderator creates an inappropriate situation, they should expect less leeway than others.
Reporting a Rule Violation
Instances of behaviors that violate the Crew Rules may be reported by any member of the community. Community members are encouraged to report these situations, including situations they witness involving other community members. (Please take screenshot as evidence)
You may report in the following ways:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send an open message from any channel to all Community Moderators by tagging @moderators.
Email and direct message reports will be kept confidential.
In situations on Discord where the issue is particularly egregious, possibly illegal, requires immediate action, or violates the Discord terms of service, you should also report the message directly to Discord.
Here’s How it Works
-Any member of the community may report any situation that violates the Larry Lawton Crew Rules
-All reports will be reviewed and investigated.
-If the behavior is an egregious violation, the community member who committed the violation may be banned immediately, without warning.
-Otherwise, moderators will first respond to such behavior with a warning and the user will be “kicked,” i.e., kicked out of the communication channel to cool off.
-Moderators follow a soft “second chance” policy – the community member may be given another chance, if they are receptive to the warning and change their behavior.
-If the community member is unreceptive or unreasonable when warned by a moderator, or the warning goes unheeded, they may be banned for a first or second offense.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Adafruit Community Code of Conduct, Django Code of Conduct, and the Rust Code of Conduct.